• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Help Project

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer was recently migrated to XP and my RoboHelp Office X5 had to be reintalled. Before the migration, my Help Project in progress was backed-up in to my C: drive. How do I import the entire, most up-to date version of my help project in to my newly installed RoboHelp Office X5 without having to do the whole thing over again (or is this not possible)?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manny Fresco

I'm confused. You simply restore your backup so the project is replaced in the location you had it before. Then open RoboHelp and continue. This should work for projects you copy to different folders as well.

Are you maybe saying you have lost the source files?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Rick's advice I notice you say "my Help Project in progress was backed-up in to my C: drive". I hope this does not mean that you have your project's source files on a network drive. If so, don't. Move them to a hard drive and leave them there. By all means backup to a network drive but you are inviting trouble if you work on a project anywhere else than a hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, excellent point there, Colum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for all of your help. I have taken it all in. I need to try a couple of things and see exactly what it is I need help with. I will post again soon.

Much appreciated,
Manny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp