3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2011 1:56 PM by the_wine_snob

No Audio in MPEG Export

karatedrumr7

Hi,

I've had this problem for a while and haven't been able to figure it out. In Elements 8, when I go to export a finished project as an MPEG, the file only has the video and no audio. The audio I'm trying exporting is a WAV file. I am running Windows XP Media Center, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. If you can help please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks a bunch,

Alex

• 1. Re: No Audio in MPEG Export
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Alex,

There are two places, that one must set the Export/Share to get a muxed (Multiplexed, i.e. a combined Audio & Video file). The first is the checkboxes, for Export Audio and Export Video. The second is often missed - the Multiplexer Tab. There, one will need to choose the type of Multiplexing, and DVD is the normal choice. The other choice will be None, which will yield elemental streams, i.e. one Video-only and one Audio-only files. Check that Multiplexer Tab.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: No Audio in MPEG Export
            karatedrumr7 Level 1

Thank you for your help. I went through all the tabs and noticed the audio setting was on Dolby Digital and not MPEG and that was the problem. Thank you for your time though.

Alex

• 3. Re: No Audio in MPEG Export
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you found the issue.

For a DVD/BD, there are basically two choices for the Audio stream, PCM/WAV, or DD AC3 (a very specific flavor of MPEG). In PAL-Land, one can choose MPEG Audio, but that is optional and is falling out of favor, due to issues with players not reading it properly.

Some software players have issues with DD AC3 Audio streams, or files. I use these, in elemental streams, i.e. separate Audio and Video files, for authoring to DVD, as DD AC3 allows me to do a DD 5.1 SS Audio stream. However, I am using PrPro with the Minnetonka Audio SurCode DD 5.1 SS plug-in for my encoding to 5.1, and then Adobe Encore to do the authoring to DVD/BD. PrE does not provide for any DD 5.1 SS Export, and cannot Transcode to that format (though it can write DD AC3 stereo on DVD/BD).

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful