0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2011 2:58 PM by Xandryll85

Android app size limit / wierd deleting video file bug

Xandryll85

Hi all

i'm currently developing an app for an Archos 43, OS android 2.2.1, with flash as3.

the app is a museum guide so i have more than 800mb of movies (it's not for marketplace).

once i published the apk with the video directory and tried to install on the archos, i got a no free space error (even if i had 14gb free).

after some research i noticed that the installer tried to install the app in the internal memory of the tablet and not on the external.

to avoid that i changed the android-manifest with the code < xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:installLocation="preferExternal"> as suggested on Adobe Help Boards.

It worked, but apparently if i try to install an app with a size greater than 450mb i get a generic error, and i can't install it.

With smaller size it works fine, i wonder if there is a hard coded app size limit...

Anyway to get over the problem i tried to put the movies on the external memory in the video directory and publish from flash only the app without the movies.

the code goes like that:

var vidSala:Video = new Video(428,242);
          addChild(vidSala);

var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
          nc.connect(null);

var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);

ns.play("\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\storage\video\movie.flv")

the seven "\\.." are there because i only get it to work with relative path, so it goes from the app install directory way up to the root, and then in the storage\video folder.

when i want to close the video i use the code:

ns.close();
      removeChild(vidSala);

and here is the weird thing: the first time the movie plays fine, if i try to load the same video again it wont works, because once the code pass the "ns.close();", the app DELETES the movie file.

i really don't know how to solve that and i'm losing my mind, i really love some help from someone more experienced programmer.

to summarize:

• is there any way i can get over the 450mb app size limit ?
      • is there a better (or another way) lo load an external movie in as3 besides the above code?
      • anyone know why my ns.close() code keep deleting my files?

Thanks in advance !

PS:sorry if i made any english mistakes, it's not my first language