- Does Adobe technologies have an "animal" such as the above two? If so, which ones would you recommend?
- Yes, Adobe and the Flash Plataform are the best solutions for your need. I deeply recommend you to use Adobe Flex (web) and Adobe AIR (desktop/mobile) instead of the others.
- Assuming Adobe does offer a strong solution, why would you choose Adobe technologies over MS or Oracle?
- Adobe Flex runs under Flash Player, which is present in almost 100% of machines around the world.
- Adobe Flex allows you to easily integrate your projects with back-end technologies (Java, .NET, PHP, Rails, Grails, etc).
- The Adobe development tools save time. You can create wireframes and custom Flex components in Flash Catalyst and import them later in Adobe Flash Builder for start to code your project.
Hope it helps you!
Thank you very much for replying to my inquiry! I really appreciate your help!
Indeed you make a very compelling case for selecting Adobe Flex (Web) and Adobe AIR (Desktop/Mobile). If you wouldn't mind, may I ask you a few more questions?
- Do you know if the Adobe AIR can be securely deployed/updated via the Web and if it allows multiple (separate) AIR applications to communicate with each other (directly) in a secured way on a local machine (i.e. app to app, not via a Web server, etc)?
- Do they have access to and can share local data files securely?
- From your experience, do all of the "big three" (i.e. Adobe, Oracle, and Microsoft) offer technologies that fully meet the stated requirements (reiterated below)? If so, in your opinion, what are the pros and cons of each?
Please forgive me if I ask ignorant questions and thanks again for your help.
Select a technology that enables: (please explain your reasoning)
- Secure code deployment (install/update) via the Web.
- Secure code execution on the current local machine.
- Secure inter-application communication on the current local machine.
- Secure read/write access to application-related data files on the current local machine.