2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2011 7:22 PM by the_wine_snob

MPEG2 no audio on export & Dimension problems!

ArtyParker

Hi all,

I've searched around the forums and haven't found the answer to my question, or at least, I do not think I have.

Basically I have a 28 second intro I have edited in Premiere CS5. I have all updates.

My problem is that I want it to be exported at great quality, so I choose MPEG2 Blu-ray. I've set my dimensions to 1920x1080 as this is required for my director.

I have an audio track as well, which plays fine on any other export (HDV 1080p25, DVCPRO 1080p25 etc) but when exporting as MPEG2 the audio doesn't appear in playback. Nothing is muted.

The reason I'm choosing MPEG2 is because all other settings either give me 1440x1080 and I am unable to change it. When I can change it to 1920x1080 on playback it's 4:9 aspect ratio rather than 16:9, so unless it's something I'm doing wrong in the settings, I don't know.

Either way, I've read I need to buy a license from Dolby to be able to use the MPEG2 audio, is this correct, and if not, how do I get audio exported with MPEG2?

Here are my settings;

MPEG2 Blu Ray

Format: MPEG2 Blu Ray

Preset: Custom

Video;

Codec: MainConcept MPEG Video

Quality: 5

TV Standard: PAL

Frame Dimensions: 1920x1080

Frame Rate: 25

Field Order: Auto

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Auto

Profile: Main

Level: High

Bitrate Encoding: VBR, 1 Pass

Bitrate Level: High

GOP Settings:

M Frames: 3

N Frames: 15

Audio:

Audio Format: PCM

Codec: PCM Audio

Output: Stereo

Sample Size: 16 bit

Frequency: 48 kHz

Multiplexer:

Multiplexing: None (do I need TM?)

Quicktime

Preset: PAL DV Widescreen

Video:

Codec: DVCPRO HD 1080p25

Width & Height (I can't change this): 1440x1080

Audio:

Audio Codec: Uncompressed

Preset: PAL DV Widescreen

Video:

Codec: HDV 1080p25

Quality: 100

Width and height: 1920x1536 (with lock) 1920x1080 (without lock)

Field Type: Progressive

Aspect: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)

Audio:

Audio Codec: Uncompressed

Those are the main settings I've been fiddeling with. I understand I can probably do it with HDV 1080p25, but will I have to change my preset to custom rather than PAL DV Widescreen as this still puts it's final export in a 'box'?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

EDIT:

Just to add, I've tried using HDV 1080p with the dimensions of 1920x1080 and it exports with audio, but I then encounter another problem. The area the video opens in is 16:9 yet the 'video' plays back at 4:9 inside. I changed my aspect to D1/ DV PAL Widescreen 16:9 but it doesn't 'fit' my video into those dimensions.