6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2008 9:22 AM by aarlof

Rich user Interface sample

Zolotoj Level 3
      I am just getting started with Flex. Can someone point to some UI samples that this product is capable of?
        • 1. Re: Rich user Interface sample
          matt_chotin Level 3
          Hi,

Take a look at some of the apps at http://flex.org/showcase!

Matt
          • 2. Re: Rich user Interface sample
            Zolotoj Level 3
            I did. I saw a bunch of web sites, non of them has good UI. Any Web based apps. created using Flex are out there?
            • 3. Re: Rich user Interface sample
              Newt99 Level 1

Can you show us some examples of your dazzling work superior to Yahoo Maps, Finetune or Sony Ericsson Zolotoj ?

• 4. Re: Rich user Interface sample
                Zolotoj Level 3
                I did not mean to offense nobody. Sorry if I did. I think we are talking about different things. I was asking about UI that is tipical in user applications desktop or web based. Applications that require heavy data collection interface. Accounting package can be a good example of what I am talking about.
                • 5. Re: Rich user Interface sample
                  bustback Level 1
                  quote:

Originally posted by: Newt99
                  Can you show us some examples of your dazzling work superior to Yahoo Maps, Finetune or Sony Ericsson Zolotoj ?

To be completely candid, those are not good examples of great creative design. They are simplistic. Matter of fact, I've probably seen less than 5 great UI designs in a Flex application, sum total.

From a design perspective, the existing work out there for demonstrating the visual capabilities of Flex applications is pretty much nil. But, that's somewhat irrelevant because technically any design objective can be achieved.
                  • 6. Re: Rich user Interface sample
                    aarlof
                    Hi,
                    I too am new to Flex but solely from a design viewpoint. I've already created one Flex skin but wanted to know how to create custom interface elements like different button types, pop up dialog windows, etc. I wanted to learn how to create the custom UI pieces that fall outside of Adobe's default interface template.

Can this be done with mxml and minimal actionscript? I am not a programmer but do hack around in code so a learning a minimal amount of AS is not an issue but I do no know where to start looking. The Adobe livedocs are too general when discussing custom visual components.