Interesting; I never heard of such a situation...
Can you go to C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash and tell me what files you have in there?
File NPSWF32.dll should be in there; can you check the Properties and tell me what version it is?
In Firefox, type
about:pluginsinto the address bar; can you tell be the information it lists for Shockwave Flash pugin?
Message was edited by: ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ - corr. syswow32 to syswow64
OK, inside C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash I found these files:
In the properties of NPSWF32.dll, it says:
File Version: 10.2.152.32
Product Version: 10.2.152.32
- File: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll
- Version: 10.2.152.32
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes
Shockwave for Director
- File: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\np32dsw.dll
- Version: 220.127.116.110
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1680
MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled application/x-director Shockwave Movie dir,dxr,dcr Yes
Okay, I guess I'll await your next instructions then.. Thanks
This is very curious...
Can you try the following:
- download the FP uninstaller (new version) from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
- download the latest FP installer 10.2.153.1 (released today) from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html
- close all browser windows, then run the uninstaller, followed by the installer(s)
Does http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ still show the old version?
If yes, can you do a system-wide search if you have another version of NPSWF32.dll somewhere?
So I did the uninstall/re-install method that you suggested and unfotunately http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ still shows,
"You have version 10,0,32,18 installed"
How do you do system wide searches? I've never had to do one before
Is it just index box searching?
Ok, I mangaed to to a system-wide search and to my surprise....
It found 6 "NPSWF32.dll" files..... :S
I went through each of their properties and found that the first 2 where uninportant, the 3rd one is the version 10.2, the 4th one is version
10.1.85.3, the 5th one is version 10.0.32.18, and the 6th file is just an internet shortcut...
So... Do I simply delete the two older version files?
I will await your reply.....