• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp and Windows Server 2003 SP2

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I posted this on the WebHelp forum on 6/6, but haven't gotten any answers. I'm hoping those of you in the General Discussion forum may be able to help. Thanks!

I use RoboHelp X5.0.2 (Build 801) to author WebHelp for a client server application. There are 4 environments: Dev, QA, Beta Training, and Production. The servers for Dev and QA use Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2, version 20070217.021455 , and the WebHelp won't open from the application on those servers. The servers for Beta Training and Production use Windows Server 2000, and the WebHelp opens just fine from the application on those servers. I access the application on Dev using Remote Desktop Connection, and I access the application on Beta Training using Citrix 3.x. I've always used Remote Desktop to access the application on the Dev server, and I used to be able to open the WebHelp just fine on Dev. That changed a couple of years ago, and I think the change may have been due to the upgrade from Windows Server 2000 to 2003.

Here's what happens now when I try to open WebHelp:
1. Using Remote Desktop Connection, access the application.
2. Double-click a company.
The menu titles in the menu bar become active (they were dimmed; now they're black).
3. Do any of the following to open the Help:
- Click Help > Contents and Index
- Click Help > Help for Current Window
- Press F1 on keyboard.
- Click Help icon.

The window becomes inactive (blue title bar turns gray), the Content Type field loses focus (blue background turns white), and the menu titles in the menu bar become inactive again (black menu titles turn gray). The Help doesn't open.

If you click any of the dimmed menu titles, all titles turn black again and the menu drops down. You can click any menu item and access the corresponding window, but if you try to access Help again, the window's title bar turns from blue to gray and the Help doesn't open.

Are there any differences between Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2000 that would allow WebHelp to open from the servers using Windows Server 2000, but not from the servers using Windows Server 2003? If so, what do I need to do so that the WebHelp will open successfully?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen

Unfortunately, re-posting to a different forum category doesn't help. Almost all of us here are already watching all the categories. If an answer is known, we normally pounce on it to try and help. So your situation is probably pretty unique and eluding us.

Please direct any replies to this question to where it was originally asked by clicking here.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Rick. I'm new to using the forums here, so I apologize for posting the question to two different categories. I'll keep looking for an answer, and if I find something, I'll post it back here to help others. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp