5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 12:47 PM by Atit Shah

Adobe Reader Plug-in shows error 'Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit.'

AtSh0122 Level 1

I followed all the steps provided in the development guide. Still it shows this error. Please provide any help!

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader Plug-in shows error 'Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit.'
          AtSh0122 Level 1

I guess, these are the steps we need to follow to build the Plugin with Adobe Reader:

3.Open dummy.rc from your project directory. Copy the API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST data segment (a dummy encrypted digest) to the resource portion of your plug-in.

4.Open the digital certificate file returned to you by Adobe. Copy the API_DIGITAL_CERTIFICATE data segment (your digital certificate) to the resource portion of your plug-in.

5.Rebuild your plug-in. The plug-in will be created with the correct API_DIGITAL_CERTIFICATE data segment and a dummy API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST data segment, which will be replaced with real data in the next steps.

How and from where we can get the API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST as mentioned in the Step-3?

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader Plug-in shows error 'Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit.'
            pwillener Level 8

I have seen this message a couple of times here in the forum.  It was mostly associated with an outdated version of something called 'Babylon'.  Uninstalling or upgrading this software seems to clear this issue in most cases.

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader Plug-in shows error 'Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit.'
              Atit Shah Level 1

No Luck

We received the 'RIKLA-DigCert.rc' file along with 'T&C of Adobe' file. I followed the following steps as provided by Adobe's Developer's guide:

After receiving the digital certificate, enable the plug-in for Adobe Reader, by performing the following tasks:

1.Make a copy of dummy.rc and put it in your project directory.

2.Open your plug-in project in Visual Studio. Make sure you are in Resource View.

Adobe Acrobat SDK Creating an Adobe Reader Plug-In

Developing Plug-ins and Applications Creating resource files on the UNIX platform 248

3.Open dummy.rc from your project directory. Copy the API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST data segment (a dummy encrypted digest) to the resource portion of your plug-in.

4.Open the digital certificate file returned to you by Adobe. Copy the API_DIGITAL_CERTIFICATE data segment (your digital certificate) to the resource portion of your plug-in.

5.Rebuild your plug-in. The plug-in will be created with the correct API_DIGITAL_CERTIFICATE data segment and a dummy API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST data segment, which will be replaced with real data in the next steps.

But the problem is, when I open ''RIKLA-DigCert.rc' file, I got only '

API_DIGITAL_CERTIFICATE' inside but no

'API_ENCRYPTED_DIGEST' as shown in Step-3. How do I get that? Also, we have already created Acrobat Plugin file which has got our project resource file (.rc). How do I use the same plugin for Adobe Reader as well? Is there any step missing? please provide any help as this is stopping our progress even after getting the License. Thanks in advance!

• 5. Re: Adobe Reader Plug-in shows error 'Invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit.'
                Atit Shah Level 1

Hooh! Finally, got the solution...

The steps I followed are only for Adobe SDK 8 but I have Adobe SDK 9 so Makecmd32.exe won't work.

SignPlugin.exe needs to be used for Adobe SDK 9 with no other steps to follow

One step, SignPlugin.exe and put yr signed API after that to Adobe Reader plugin folder, and all fine after that.

Hope this may help to whoever is having the same issue as mine!