Please let me know the following:
1) OS of your machine- WinXP-32bit or Win-XP 64bit ?
2) If its WinXP-64bit, please let me know of outlook version is Outlook 2010-64bit or outlook2010-32bit ?
3) The place where outlook is installed at your system? (At the default install folder or any other folder?)
4) You are unable to open the PDFs for the mails with PDF attachments received from any local exchange server or any PDF attachments from any server.
The machine is Windows 7 32 bit and Office outlook 2010 32 bit. Outlook is installed the C:\Program files. I'm unable to open any PDF attachment in outlook. If I save it to the desktop I'm then able to open the pdf.
[signature deleted by host]
1) Are the mails with attachments being received by any restricted server?
2) Do you have access to the path where the datafile is saved ususally c:\Documents and Settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook
Please keep a PDF file in that path and try to open it.
Announcement: Would you like to help us improve Adobe Reader?
We have had a few bug reports related to Adobe Reader X protected mode coming in from you in this forum. We have addressed a large number of them in our upcoming Reader update and we would like to hear your feedback.
To that extent, we would like to invite you to the Adobe Reader Prerelease program and try out the latest build. To participate, please fill in the form available at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=reader_prerelease_ interest and indicate Adobe Reader as the product of your interest.
We look forward to your active participation, feedback and help towards making Reader a better product.
Thanks and regards,
Adobe Prerelease Team