2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2011 11:23 PM by Belatamas

Capturing Clips from Sony HDR-XR1500

Belatamas

Can somebody please tell me if I can capture Video Clips from my high definition Sony HDR-XR150 Camcorder.  If so how?  Or, do I have to have a new software to do that?  Currently, each clip is captured via PMB with file extension of xxx.m2ts, xxx.m2ts.modd and xxx.m2ts.moff whatever they are.  The .m2ts seems to be the main one, e.g. size 4,512 kb, the  modd is 2kb. and the  .moff is 32kb.

Any help how I can capture/import my clips to edit would be greatly appreciated.

Belatamas

• 1. Re: Capturing Clips from Sony HDR-XR1500
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your camcorder is an AVCHD cam. So you don't capture video from it -- you download video clips from it. (Also, your cam shoots in several formats. So, if you want to edit the video in Premiere Elements, make sure you only shoot in FX orFH mode.)

To do this, attach your camcorder to your computer via USB and turn it on. Then use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From AVCHD, Flip and Hard Drive Camcorder tool to download the video to your computer and into your project.

Make sure that your project's settings are is set up for AVCHD 1920x1080 Stereo video. This is VERY important. If you don't know how to do this, check out my free Basic Training videos at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

You'll need a pretty powerful computer to edit AVCHD. So ideally your computer should have a quad core or i7 processor with 4 gigs of RAM and several hundred gigabytes of free space.

Beyond that, it's hard to make any recommendations without knowing your computer specs and operating system and the version of Premiere Elements you're working with.

If you'd like more information about the program and how to use it with various video sources, check out my books.

• 2. Re: Capturing Clips from Sony HDR-XR1500
            Belatamas Level 1

Hello Steve

Sorry for the late response, but my computer died on me and I had to get a new one.  Many thanks for clarifying the issue for me.  You are right, that there is no capture.  My new computer has 6 GB RAM and a plenty of disk space.  What I have done is to ‘treat’ the camcorder’s hard disk as like any other hard drive and ‘transferred’ or ‘dragged’ all the clips across to my director from where I can import them to my video editing. I presume that is correct.  If not, I would appreciate your advice.

Kind regards

Belatamas