8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 2:43 PM by albertokks123

Adobe CS5 Master Collection

albertokks123

I'm planning to buy the Master collection CS5.  I am just wondering if this laptop is good enough and compatible with CS5 specailly, premier pro and after effects. I perefer to use 64bit version and I guess windows 7 home premium is 64bit.

• AMD Phenom II quad-core N930  processor and 6 GB system memory
      • 500 GB hard drive
      • Built-in Wi-Fi
      • Pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium
      • HDMI, USB 2.0 and media card connectivity options

Acutal link:  http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspire-15-6-laptop-featuring-amd-phenom-ii-p rocessor-n930-as5552g-5828-brown-as5552g-5828/10161877.aspx?path=aa24c53a2e86d4b43e3144c6d 23be125en02

Any help would be appriciated.

• 1. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
          JaysonM-Y Level 3

You're just about scraping the bottom of the pot there for performance. A decent performing laptop will cost you 2.5 - 4k. I'd recommend A sager laptop if you wanna go the portable route. If that's not in your budget, get something with an i7, 8gb ram, nvidia cuda supported graphics and a SSD for the os drive with an accompanying drive for media... and even thats only minimum specs.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
            Harm Millaard Level 7

It does not meet minimum requirements, so the answer is NO. Adobe Forums: System requirements for CS5

It lacks a decent CPU, the video is below requirements, so you have to work in the blind and can't see parts of the UI and the disk setup is vastly inadequate.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
              albertokks123 Level 1

Thanks for the help.  I do have an HD video system with Matrox RTX2 for PP/AE cs3 but I can't edit projects in cs5.  So, I was thinking to get a minmum system and do the basic work there and then export as .avi or .mov and work on it on the HD system.  I do this as a hobby and my budget is less than a $1000 for a laptop.  If anyone can recommed a good laptop for me on http://www.bestbuy.ca site it would be great and it solve 95% of my problem.  .  All the best to all of you there for assiting me.

• 4. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
                JEShort01 Level 4

I read your post and was thinking no waaaaaay for $1000.

Then I looked at the Canadian site and found this for only $1200 -- it looks pretty new and I'd say MASSIVE bang for the buck for a CS5 laptop:

Asus G73SW-HAR6

CPU = Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2630QM (quad-core, 2GHz/2.9GHz turbo mode, 8-threads w/ hyperthreading, 32nm - cool & fast)

Win7 Home premium 64-bit

8GB RAM

17.3" HD display

750GB hard drive

Video = GTX 460M 1MB

I'm not sure if Home premium 64-bit is OK or not; I'm sure someone will jump in and comment if it is not.

Nobody around this forum has ever mentioned Asus, but I suspect that there may be lots of talk about their laptops now.

You will really need to add an external drive too; not sure if the Asus has an eSATA port - if it does GREAT, find a eSATA drive. If not, go with a USB 3.0 drive and hope it stays connected.

Jim

• 5. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>not sure if Home premium 64-bit is OK or not

For a laptop where you can't do much (anything?) to expand the memory, it will be OK

For a desktop where you might want to go over 16Gig, you need Win7 64bit Pro

• 6. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
                    albertokks123 Level 1

I am just wondering if I could get that laptop on bestbuy site that was suggested by JEShort01.

Not sure,why can't use windows 7 Home Premium for a laptop.  Is it somethig that Premier pro or AE can't run on or it because is slower than windows 7 pro?

If somone could shed some light on this it would be great so I could buy this laptop.

Asus G73SW-HAR6

CPU = Intel Sandy Bridge i7-2630QM (quad-core, 2GHz/2.9GHz turbo mode, 8-threads w/ hyperthreading, 32nm - cool & fast)

Win7 Home premium 64-bit

8GB RAM

17.3" HD display

750GB hard drive

Video = GTX 460M 1MB

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

• 7. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
                      JEShort01 Level 4

Go for it!

Per Adobe's site, Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition should be fine for running Premiere Pro CS5 as well as other programs in the CS5 Master Collection.

Home Premium leaves out "Windows XP Mode" which is useful for compatibility with older programs that you may have, see:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

You could always upgrade later on if you determine that you need the "Pro" version of Win7 64-bit for that reason.

Jim

• 8. Re: Adobe CS5 Master Collection
                        albertokks123 Level 1

JEShort01 thanks for the input really appriciated.