3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 6:32 PM by Mylenium

Problems getting data out of Mocha and into After Effects

reindeer4 Level 1

Hi.  I'm using After Effect CS4.  I brought a video clip into Mocha and tracked it.  I've tried copying the data to clipboard and also went back and saved as a text file since I could't paste into After Effects.

Haven't figured out how to make either method work.

At first, I'd created a Null Object in AFX and added the COrner Pin Effect, but the paste option is greyed out - doesn't matter if I select the layer or the Corner Pin effect.

Next I created a solid since I'd seen that mentioned on some threads, but Paste is still greyed out.

Tried exporting the tracking data as a file from mocha next and have the corner pin data sitting on my desktop as a txt file - but still not sure how to get that into After Effects CS4 - tried this with a null and a solid, but not working.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• 1. Re: Problems getting data out of Mocha and into After Effects
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

mocha data must be applied to the same source file/ a file matching the specs as was used to track. Pasting will automatically add a corner pin effect and insert data into position, ancher point and rotation, where applicable. Same from pasting from a text file. Study the online help's additional resources section. There is several tutorials linked for mocha and you can also refer to Videocopilot or Mathias Möhl's site mamoworld.com.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Problems getting data out of Mocha and into After Effects
            Nick Sears

I'm able to copy the data successfully into after effects, frame by frame, however its all of the same value. Playing it back in mocha showed a successful track though so unsure what value to tweak. I'll take a look at those sites you sent. Thanks for your help

Nick

Also - It pastes unmoving data as well into the Postion, Scale, and Rotation of the solid as well as the Corner Pin Effect.

• 3. Re: Problems getting data out of Mocha and into After Effects
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Also - It pastes unmoving data as well into the Postion, Scale, and Rotation of the solid as well as the Corner Pin Effect.

Yes, AE's corner pin does the same. It's how it is supposed to work. You need to choose the RG Warp compliant variant to only get corner pin data. The rest is too vague. Wee need exact info on what you are doing. Tracks appearing to be static is simply an issue where coordinates are introduced twice and somehow self-compensate, which for all intents and purposes could relate to the previously described issue....

Mylenium