This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
A link to your recent problem would have helped.
Looking at that, I cannot say as it is something that needs to be tested. Can you create a small project and generate a printed output that exhibits this problem?
Working on it now - Arc Sine now shows up in index at 318, 330 but is actually at 321, and 335.
What output would help - the word doc, a screen cap or what?
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=1251569&CF ID=49036078&CFTOKEN=8d1bb6eb32b92e6f-07CED338-E95D-7712-1FC8906302CC570A&jsessionid=4830b9 02ff9270647c94
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=1268935&CF ID=49036078&CFTOKEN=8d1bb6eb32b92e6f-07CED338-E95D-7712-1FC8906302CC570A&jsessionid=4830b9 02ff9270647c94
What I want is for you to create a RH project and generate a printed output where the index is coming out in the way you do not want.
I will simply open that in RH6 and generate a new printed output.
You send me the whole project zipped and I will send you back the document created.
Sent to the "01" address. Thank you for your assistance. I included the .doc so you can see the output I have here.
Are you starting each topic on a new page? If not, have you tried it?
First I want to thank Peter Grange for taking the time to assist. Even on the weekend! Thanks again Peter!
Problem solved - yes Harvey, I even took my level 4 headings to level 2. This helped, but not completely; that's not the solution. Here's what I did.
I bailed out of RoboHelp. (!)
I just could not make it make sense and then started studying more on Word's index, and the information available online.
For example, Towson University has a great PDF on Concordance Files in Word.
Procedure to get a workable index in Word:
1. Use RH to generate an index. Edit and manipulate as needed
2. Output entire job in to Word.
3. Review and confirm Word document.
4. Took the Word index, copied to new file, stripped out the page numbers and made a 2 column table of it.
5. Copied column 1 to column 2 (second colum can be used to change actual index text display).
6. Created a concordance with that data, that will later be entered into Word's "Index, AutoMark" as a file.
7. Closed Word - no need to save document.
8. Went back to RH and reloaded the Job.
9. Completely delete all index entries and save this way (no index).
10. Again output this job to Word.
11. Open document in Word.
12. Now do my usual RH induced need-to-repaginate (because of image bug) and add necessary page breaks.
13. Go to Word's Index feature and enter concordance file, and place index where desired.
14. Add header that says "Index:" ( or whatever you want to heading the Index with.)
15. Repaginate TOC and Index and "Whallah"! All page numbers now match the TOC and Index.
Plus now the index is keyed to the PAGE not the TOPIC!
Yes, that is the URL - I wasn't sure if it was OK to post it.
I apologise if my reply is lacking in detail -
I had to have this document TODAY for a major training meeting, that was YESTERDAY (as well as this morning, too - they didn't want preliminary copies.)
Other than fighting Word to get the headers and footers correct (I prefer a horizontal line and the company name as well as the page number at the bottom) at the last minute, the PDF of the Word doc was created only a few minutes after I promised it to them (10:00am) this morning.
Wow - can I start breathing again? :)