• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images folder in Robohelp 7 project only lists a small fraction of the images actually there

Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added an image to a topic. The image had an identical name to an existing image in the project. The image appeared in my main project folder, which is where all images initially show up in my project. I then move them to an images folder. I moved this image, expecting to get a message asking if I wanted to replace the exsting image with the same name. i wanted to update all instances where this image appears. Instead I got a message that this file was in use and could not be replaced. I clicked on my images folder to see if the original image was in a topic that was open and maybe that was why it would not overwrite. At this point i noticed most of the images in the folder were not listed.

I can use Reports Used and I see all the files that are supposed to be in my images folder, but when I go to the Images Reports tab, only the files that are listed in my images folder in the Project Manager are shown. So Robohelp knows the files are in the images folder and that they are in use, but it does not recognize them as images and will not list them as such.

i have no idea how this happened or how to fix it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

If RoboHelp allowed you to replace the image and it were a different size, you could have problems in the existing topics. I suspect that is why it is not allowed to replace it in that way.

As far as "missing" images are concerned, try renaming the folder to say Images2. They will likely all appear and then you can revert the name.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when I double click an image in my project that is mysteriously not listed in the images folder, the Image Properties dialog shows the file path correctly at the top with my image file and when I display the contents of that very same folder on the left of the dialog, it is not there. All of my images are .png, .gif or .jpg. There is nothing in the filenames that should be confusing the issue. i have been maintaining this project for 3 years and never had anything like this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If RoboHelp allowed you to replace the image and it were a different size, you could have problems in the existing topics. I suspect that is why it is not allowed to replace it in that way.

As far as "missing" images are concerned, try renaming the folder to say Images2. They will likely all appear and then you can revert the name.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed!! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please report this as a bug to Adobe? It'd be nice to have another voice report this officially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp