• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks in ePub output

Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

currently Robohelp includes hyperlinks into the ePub output but when the user clicks them they produce errors (at least with Adobes own ePub reader ADE). Because the output files are contained in an archive it may not be possible to link to other topics at all but then why does RoboHelp include internal hyperlinks at all if they do not work?

It seems awkward to tag all paragraphs which contain hyperlinks with conditional build tags and then remove them from output just to avoid errors. Is there a more elegant solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try another reader first to establish where the problem is. Try the Firefox Add On ePub Reader. Post back with the results.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After checking, I have to correct myself. Evidently it is rather a problem with language-specific characters (ä, ß) in file names. These topics cannot be viewed using the TOC either. If I insert a standard hyperlink to a topic that has no such character in its file name, then all is well. The problem is that these file names are generated automatically by Robohelp when a Word document is imported.

I might issue a request about this in the feature request form.

@Praful Jain:

1. RH9, older versions dont support ePub I think.

2. Correctly, these are topic within the project.

3. In case you are still interested please tell, but I think its a different problem now altogather as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH8 did, but you had to run a script that the RH dev team provided on their blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The RH8 script provided on the blog doesn't work. I've modified the RH9 script to also work with RH8. See http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/scripts/ebook

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Can you please elaborate on the following things.

1. Which version of RH you are using to geneate ePub
  2. Hyperlinks are pointing to other topics in the project or some other file?
  3. Can you share any sample project/ or ePub output file which shows this issue.

you can email me @ praful@adobe.com

Thanks

Praful Jain

Adobe RoboHelp Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp