5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 6:10 PM by Claudio González

Does Adobe actually read this forum ??

staples1112

Ok,

I have only been in this forum for 2 days (after calling adobe and being forwarded to this forum), but after looking through dozens of posts..... I do not see any posts by a Adobe support engineer or even a Adobe employee?

Does anyone at Adobe read this "support" forum?

since there is no phone support, no email support, and only support venue is this forum.

• 1. Re: Does Adobe actually read this forum ??
          Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

The short answer is NO; this

is a user to user forum (and used to say so at the top), and not a support forum.

And yes, more often than not, solutions given by fellow users are much better that those any support service can ever hope to offer, specially in the case of complex or unusual problems.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Does Adobe actually read this forum ??
            Bernd Alheit Adobe Community Professional & MVP

since there is no phone support, no email support, and only support venue is this forum.

Look here:

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Does Adobe actually read this forum ??
              Dave Merchant MVP & Adobe Community Professional

The previous responses are correct in that there is no guaranteed response to every question from an employee, but Adobe staff and Community Professionals are active in many topics and will respond where appropriate. You can identify the role of a user by the badge under their profile image, and I can see a number of employee responses within the last day across the Acrobat forums. There is no rule that an employee has to post here; some do and some don't but it depends on how busy they are. Adobe does not have dedicated support staff patrolling these forums 24/7 so the people posting here all have "proper jobs" to do, like writing the next version of your software.

Adobe Reader is a special case in that as a free product, direct support is limited. Users of free or evaluation software will be directed to these forums in every case, but if they require 1:1 support they can pay for an incident ticket via the link posted above.

I've checked your account and I can't see a specific question which hasn't been answered to some extent - please post details of your problem if you feel something hasn't been answered.

• 4. Re: Does Adobe actually read this forum ??
                dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Hi staples1112,

Sometimes.

I monitor this forum (as well as Acrobat Win & Acrobat Mac) to identify issues to pass along to the product team.

To the point made by our excellent Community Professionals and some of our more active users, this is a User-to-User forum.

From time to time, you'll come across posts where I have participated or where some of my fellow employees have participated, but for the most part, we leave these forums in the hands of our very capable and knowledgable users.

Thanks,

David

Acrobat Commmunity Manager

Adobe Technical Response Team

• 5. Re: Does Adobe actually read this forum ??
                  Claudio González Most Valuable Participant

Well, I must say that after reading Dave Merchant's message, I thought I was in another (non-Adobe) forum, or I was failing to notice participant's badges, or perhaps some notorious helpers had finally been hired by Adobe to transform these forums in a real support department. Dave_m_k brought me back to reality, and I thank him for being so honest. Perhaps Adobe should re-place that "User to User forums" notice that has disappeared?