1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2011 2:06 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Help! ADE does not recognise my Elexon 621 eb

SharonLister

Can anyone help me please.  I bought an Elexon 621eb, uploaded ADE and managed to put a couple of books on to it.  The next time I plugged it in ADE did not recognise it - turned out to be a problem with the e book.  I have a new one now but ADE does not recognise it when I plug it in.  How do I get it to recognise my new EB without loosing the books I've bought?  Thanks

• 1. Re: Help! ADE does not recognise my Elexon 621 eb
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

Sharon, here are some generic things you can do.

First, make sure that the software on your new ebook reader is up to the

latest level.  You'll have to follow the manufacturer's instructions to do

this.

Next, make sure that you've authorized or activated the ereader with the

manufacturer, so it's live and loaded - so to speak.

Then, plug it into our computer and let the computer recognize it as a USB

device.  When the computer reports that your new hardware is ready to use,

start ADE.  ADE 'should' find the device and note that it has in the left

hand pane of the Library screen.  When it does this, then you can drag and

drop the ebooks from ADE onto the ereader.

Finally, when the downloads appear to be complete. close ADE.  Then, use

your computer software to 'eject' the ereader so that the computer drops it

from its list of active USB devices.  How you do this depends on the

software you have on your PC.

After this is done, look at the ereader screen and make sure it is updating

itself with the new content.  Once that's completed, you 'should' be able to

read the books on your ereader.

Hope this helps!

================