There are no direct ways to get more transition optiosn for Captivate.
Although I can think of some ways of creating a transition effect which may not look perfect!!
1. Decide on a background which you need for Captivate project.
2. Create suc a slide in Powerpoint and apply the required transition.
3. Import such a PPT slide in Captivate project.
4. Duplicate this slide number of times to create your entire project slides.
5. Published project should give you the transition effect for every slide.
1. Create a new master slide (menu item Windows > Master slide)
2. Use highlight boxes and other drawing tools in CP, and apply transition to these objects using Effects (menu item Windows > Effects")
3. Thus you can create a transition feeling on a master slide.
4. Apply this master slide to all your slides in project.
5. Published project should give you the transition effect.
Try these workarounds but they may not give you a perfect transition feeling. You will have to experiment a bit to get it as perfect as you need.
Hope this helps.
I am assuming you are using latest available Captivate 5 version as option-2 is possible in this version only because of master slides.
Thank you for your thorough response Mukul.
Seeing that this post is for a previous version of Captivate, I was just wondering if there was any update to this in Captivate 8?