Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eclipse Version:

Version: Helios Service Release 1
Build id: 20100917-0705

(64bit default JRE)

W7 Professional 64

I installed FB4 trial a couple of weeks ago. At that time I had an already installed copy of helios eclipse on this system. After running into problems post install I reverted to using the bundled eclipse installation since I didn't want to deal with debugging an install/configuration issue at that time. I was more interested in doing some Flex education.

Today however I decided to revisit this and am running into the exact problem.

I completely unistalled Flash Builder and Eclipse from my system.

Reinstalled the latest Helios GA of Eclipse (J2EE bundle) and varified that it functioned properly (installed antroid dev stuff and was working fine under this platform).

Went back to the install bundle for FB4 and ran the image.

I was prompted for the option to install into an existing installation of eclipse to which I selected and provided the path to the existing eclipse.exe

Install was performed without any noticable errors (install log shows all green).

However, upon starting Eclipse for the first time post install I get this:

An internal error occurred during: "Creating Adobe Flash Player trust file...".
com/adobe/flexbuilder/project/internal/PlayerTrustStore

and it goes downhill from there, e.g., any attempts to access any FB4 resources (project creation wizards, help links, etc.) either result in errors like this:

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui was unable to load class com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.ui.wizards.FlexApolloProjectWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.adobe.flexbuilder.ui (802).

Or does nothing at all.

It's funky enough that FB4 insists on installing a separate copy of Eclipse, but also essentially breaking the version that I'm already using is pretty hostile...

I hope this is something that I'm doing incorrectly and can be adjusted. Is this possibly a problem with my install of eclipse using the 64bit Java SDK ?

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found my own answer... thanks anyway,

So I'm to understand that Adobe has not provided a plugin compatible with the 64bit JRE? I say again... are you f*ig*in kidding me?

That right there would be good reason to avoid this altogether. given the cost of the license for this product certainly there must be a priority for getting this to market. I've found threads dating > a year ago asking, no, demanding this and still not available... that's a lifetime in technological time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but yes: FB4 was built with 32-bit Eclipse, and uses 32-bit Java.

It comes bundled with a compatible JRE, making it easier to run if you have a 64-bit JDK installed, so that's why the bundled copy of eclipse runs successfully on your machine.

As you've noticed, there are many votes in for 64-bit FB already, so keeps those votes coming, and that will help make sure the powers that be provide the resources for a 64-bit future version of FB.

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply,

I certainly hope this doesn't take the same turn as the decision to not

support Linux...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there an official ballot box so to speak?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines