I took Zac's exporter example and moved the Parameter|Value from being locals in eSDKDefaultParameters() and put them into the (per Instance) ExportSettings struct so that I could manipulate them again in eSDKValidateParameters().
Is it really necessary to set all the [value[.rangeMin|Max], .value.*, etc etc again in eSDKPostProcessing(). From what I can see in the debug watch there is no corruption of any of it from its initialization in eSDKDefaultParameters().
I've also noticed that no matter what I set in eSDKDefault* and eSDKPostProcess() for a values of some parameters they always come up as the first entry (be it radio button or dropbox).
I deleted the .epr in the /User/[Username]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/4.0/ but it STILL comes in as the first entry.
Is there some other cache floating around?
I guess it doesn't matter in the long run because you ship presets with an Exporter but it sure is bugging me from a coding standpoint.
PS: this is with SDK CS4 on AME CS4.
- In my next post I'll follow on from an old question on the MemorySuite coz I can't get CS5 SDK to work on AME CS4.
exSDKPostProcessing is more for providing localized strings for the parameter UI. It sounds safe enough to skip respecifying the range if you are not experiencing problems.
A drop-down list could default to the first entry if it doesn't understand the default value. But if I recall, the defaults set in exSelGenerateDefaultParams for drop-down parameters such as frame rate are correctly initialized in the SDK Exporter sample.
For parameter caching in AME, there's the Placeholder Preset.epr, there's the queued up items in AME, and after deleting all this and relaunching AME, the SDK Guide recommends going into the Export Settings dialog and switching to a different Format and then back to yours.
>Zac wrote: For parameter caching in AME, there's the Placeholder Preset.epr, there's the queued up items in AME, and after deleting all this and relaunching AME, the SDK Guide recommends going into the Export Settings dialog and switching to a different Format and then back to yours.
Yup I did that (delete the *.epr and change the exporter to something else) and it's still happening. I'll try to make a test case for you after I get the exporter finished.