16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 7:35 AM by Peter Grainge

RH7 HTML - New topics won't publish unless they appear in the TOC

NorthernTechWriter Level 1

Good morning!

I'm having problems in RH7 HTML with projects containing on average 80 topics. Both RoboHelp and the project files are on the c: drive of the computer.The output is published using WebHelp. Right now, unless the new topics are added to the TOC, they are not published.

Up until a few days ago, I was able to publish to the Web without including the new topics in the TOC. I do that for new system features that are not yet released to ensure the topics and links are working properly. Once the features are released, I add the topics to the TOC.

At first I thought the problem was with the ftp server that hosts the html files, but then I noticed that all topics already on the server are updated. I backtracked all the way to the !SSL! folder in which the webhelp is originaly generated and the same thing happens there: old files updated, new files nowhere to be found. Unless I include them in the TOC. I didn't change any of the Webhelp settings when generating the output.

I did try creating a new project by importing a few topics and it works fine, no need to add the topics to the TOC.

And I don't know if it's relevant, but I had to change the time on the computer and apply a Windows update.

Does anybody have any idea of why this is happening? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you