0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2011 8:25 AM by rgb42

Version mismatch after patch of Reader 10.0.0 to 10.0.1

rgb42

I'm in the process of rolling out Adobe Reader 10.0.1 to roughly 100 computers via GPO.  I've created an AIP using AdbeRdr1000_en_US.msi then patched this with AdbeRdrUpd1001_Tier1.msp update.  When I ran the patch it definately notified me that it was upgrading the base installer file to version 10.0.1 so all appeared ok.

The package deploys just fine, however, when I check the version within adobe reader it displays that it is version 10.0.0 by default.  If I click on the version number, it then displays that it is version 10.0.1.434.  If I continue to click, it gives me the versions of other aspects of the program, and will display that the Core Version is 10.1.  However, if I check for updates it will find one.  All my machines are Windows 7, so the latest patch level is 10.0.1, which it's already supposed to be at.  If I look in Programs and Features it tells me Adobe Reader X is version 10.0.0.

A fresh install of version 10.0.0 shows it's versions to all be 10.0.0 (as expected), so it seems the patch did update something.   But do be sure, , what do I go by here?  Is this package 10.0.0 or 10.0.1?  Is it protected against the latest vulnerabilities?

Any information would be helpful here.

Thanks in advance