5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 23, 2011 1:40 AM by Atul Agarwal

Adobe Reader X printing problems

muzikmkr

I recently upgraded to Adobe Reader X.  Since then, I cannot print out legible pages.  For example, I can read IRS forms nicely, but when I go to print them out, the letters are squeezed together and boxie looking.  I also tried to print out an older document that I know printed correctly previously with an earlier version of Adobe Reader.  This is really bad, especially since I need to get these IRS forms filed soon.  Help  -:(

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader X printing problems
          muzikmkr Level 1

After some hunting around the printer windows, I discovered a "Print as Image" choice.  This works great.  I was able to print out all my IRS stuff exactly as displayed on the monitor!

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader X printing problems
            trabaq

I've encountered the same problem but it seemed to start after my latest WIndows upgrade.  (I have Vista - what Window program are you running?)

I have not been able to find your "print as image" solution so I'm still stuck at the moment.   How did you find the "print as image" choice?

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader X printing problems
              muzikmkr Level 1

I went to the pull-down menu, selected "Print" and then at the bottom of the print window, there were 4 buttons (in addition to "OK" and "Cancel"):  "Print Tips" "Page Setup" "Advanced" and "Summarize Comments."  Under "Advanced" there is a "Print as Image" box near the bottom of the new "Advanced Print Setup" window that opens.  Once you check the  "Print as Image" box, you should be ok for any Adobe documents you open in the future.

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:06:55 -0600

To: gamarco7@hotmail.com

Subject: Adobe Reader X printing problems

I've encountered the same problem but it seemed to start after my latest WIndows upgrade.  (I have Vista - what Window program are you running?)

I have not been able to find your "print as image" solution so I'm still stuck at the moment.   How did you find the "print as image" choice?

>

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader X printing problems
                Evan Pederson

I was having a similar issue. In my case, it was an AutoCAD drawing exported to .pdf. When I'd print it, it would come out about the size of a postage stamp, no matter what settings I tried.

Using the "Print as Image" option fixed it!

• 5. Re: Adobe Reader X printing problems
                  Atul Agarwal Adobe Employee

Dear users,

This issue is similar to issue mentioned at:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3907602#3907602

We are following up with the users who are facing this issue through the thread mentioned above. Request you to follow the same.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems