5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 7:03 PM by LuisRM

Can I export Quick Share settings?

LuisRM Level 1

I want someone to use the exact same settings as I have for video conversion. I'd like to export my Quick Share settings and have them import it. Is this possible? Otherwise, is there a way to see all the settings I have for that particular Quick Share item? When I click on Quick Share, I see: Description, File type, Frame Size, Frame rate and Audio Setting. But I feel that there may be more settings that are missing. Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: Can I export Quick Share settings?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends on the version of the software you're using.

Quick Share was removed in version 9.

Although maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're looking for.

Can you clarify: "I'd like to export my Quick Share settings and have them import it."

Which version of the program are you using and what exactly are you trying to do?

• 2. Re: Can I export Quick Share settings?
            LuisRM Level 1

Thanks, let me clarify. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 8 and so is another client. I have set up a Quick Share setting so I don't have to constantly put in all the correct values and settings when I convert a video. This client doesn't have a list of my settings and the only place I have all of them is in the Quick Share setting. I cannot find a place to open this setting and view what I have seleted, nor can I find a place to export the setting (similar to for example exporting a swatch pallete in Photoshop or Indesign) and emailing them the file so they can export the Quick Share setting into their program. Hope that helps. Thanks for your time!

• 3. Re: Can I export Quick Share settings?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you saying your client is going to use the footage you're sending him in another Premiere Elements project?

If so:

If he is working in standard definition, the best output settings are Share/Computer/AVI with the DV preset.

If he is working in hi-def, the best output settings are Share/Computer/MPEG using the 1440x1080 60i preset.

• 4. Re: Can I export Quick Share settings?
                LuisRM Level 1

Sorry, I just want him to use the same export settings as I have setup already in my computer on his computer. He'll be converting his own videos, but I want the final output to have the same settings as me (fps, wmv, audio). The video files we will convert need to have the same export settings, so I'm trying to match them up on both comptuers. I the I hope that makes sense.

• 5. Re: Can I export Quick Share settings?
                  LuisRM Level 1

Found it! This link was helpful. But here is the location of the settings folder for others for future reference.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52024

C:/Users/Name/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Elements/8.0/SC

You get to the Quick Share presets that you have created after a  Share/Personal Computer export via the Workflows Folder where the Quick  Share presets created will be represented in a single file named  workflow.scw.