RoboHelp does not offer any form of File > Save As. But this does not mean you cannot accomplish what you want.
Basically what you need to do is close the project in RoboHelp. Then from Windows Explorer, copy the folder to a new location. Then open the project in the new location and click File > Rename Project. Once you do this you will have a completely new project you can then begin to modify.
Helpful and Handy Links
Thanks Rick for your quick respons.
I have been trying to reply you since yesterday but somehow there was no link to reply you in your response box. Well, anyway i am finally in luck to be able to reply you back.
I tried your suggestion but the Rename option is disabled for me, perhaps, my RH 6 project is connected to Microsoft Visual Source Safe (VSS) version control software. In the mean time this is what i have tried and still stuck with the problem:
- I copied the folder in VSS to a new location. I then set a new local working folder pointing to this new location in VSS.
- When i tried to open RH project from the new location, it opened but was still saving changes to the old location in VSS.
- Since, I couldn't figure out how to reconnect RH to the different new location in VSS, I changed the xpj file at the local new Working folder using Notepad. The change involved, changing the VSS folder path to the new location (<value>"$/Version3.2/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>) from its old location (<value>"$/Version2.4/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>).
- Since, the change was done locally in my working folder i am unable to transfer the changes to VSS using RH6.
- Also, i am not sure if this is the only change required and xpj is the correct file to change. I could not find any documentation related to this.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks for the prompt reply again.
I went through the article but it is disassociating version control software from the RH project. I want to change the association from old location to new location.
While RH project is still associated to VSS (version control software), is the xpj file the only file to be changed? And, is changing the VSS folder path to the new location (<value>"$/Version3.2/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>) from its old location (<value>"$/Version2.4/Web/RoboHelp", MQVEAAAA</value>) is the only change needs to be done in xpj file.