3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 10:06 AM by BreakMachineRS

Flex components not compatible with iOS/ADT packager?

BreakMachineRS

I've been struggling hard and long to export a simple Hello World project to my iPhone with AIR 2.6. After a lot if reading on different blogs and sites I've gotten as far as packaging my debug swf to an IPA with ADT. The app starts on my iPhone but freezes during the preloader. If I change my main file to a strict AS3 file extending a Sprite it runs fine. Haven't been able to get startTouchDrag to work but I don't know if that has something to do with this problem.

I've tried:

Compiling with Flex 3.5, 4.0 and 4.1 (all merged with AIR 2.6 ofcourse)

I've tried setting the project to Flex 3 compatible (when using 4.0 and 4.1)

I've tried using MX components only.

Am I banging my head against a wall here or is it possible to package Flex applications or do they need to be strict AS3?

• 1. Re: Flex components not compatible with iOS/ADT packager?
          BreakMachineRS Level 1

BTW. I'm using the latest version of Flash Builder 4 to compile the swf.

• 2. Re: Flex components not compatible with iOS/ADT packager?
            JeffryHouser Level 4

I'm not sure which versions of the iPhone hardware are supported, but I thought the older generations were not.  You didn't specify which iPhone you had.

That said, I strongy recommend you download Burrito/Hero from Adobe labs; and try to build your SWF w/ the mobile component set from Flex 4.5.  It should give better performance and is a mobile optimized component set.

• 3. Re: Flex components not compatible with iOS/ADT packager?
              BreakMachineRS Level 1

Hi Jeffrey

Thank you for replying! I will try Burrito when I get the chance.

I'm using iOS 4.3 on an iPhone 3GS so that shouldn't be a problem. I package with the AIR 2.6 adt and the swf is compiled in FB4 using Flex 4.1 merged with Air 2.6. I changed the main mxml file to an AS3 and now it runs on my iPhone but I can't get the TouchEvents to work. I get true when I trace

Multitouch.supportsTouchEvents but I get no events when listening for TOUCH_BEGIN or TOUCH_TAP on either stage or a sprite. I've also added  -target-player=11 as and additional compiler argument in FB4 (from Cantrell blog).

Is there something I might need to add to my adt packaging?

C:\AdobeAIRSDK\bin\adt -package -target ipa-test -provisioning-profile HelloWorld.mobileprovision -storetype pkcs12 -keystore rs.p12 -storepass XXXXXX ./HelloWorld.ipa ./bin-debug/HelloWorld-app.xml -C ./bin-debug HelloWorld.swf -C ./bin-debug assets

Should there be any files in the assets folder that I'm missing or anything special in the main-app.xml file?