10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2012 7:13 AM by robertoclo

feature requests

sparkyi85

I've been pleased with FormsCentral so far.  I've created a few membership, registration and job application forms.

For future feature requests, it would be great to include the following:

- Multi-Column layout of form and text fields

- ability to add a background image

- ability for user to attach a text document or pdf (for essay and reference submissions)

- dynamic forms that can perform calculations (subtotal and total for registration form)

Thanks!

• 1. Re: feature requests
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

Thank you for the feedback. All of these features are ones that we will be considering for future releases. As you use the product and have more feedback (good or bad) about the product please don't hesitate to share it with us.

• 2. Re: feature requests
            wackypuppy

Hello,

Really liking FormsCentral!! I wanted to leave some feedback as well.

1. In the form, when tabbing in Firefox, it tabs from the entry field to the next label instead of the next entry field.

2. There is extra spacing added around formatted text (e.g. bold or underlined text).

3. Multi-column would be very useful, as well as the ability for certain rows to span multiple columns.

4. It would be great to be able to view the data received in the actual form and print it out.

I noticed that the search function does not work at all for this forum which makes it really difficult to find info on a problem that may have already been resolved.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: feature requests

1. In the form, when tabbing in Firefox, it tabs from the entry field to the next label instead of the next entry field.

We can not reproduce this issue. What version of Firefox are you using? Could you send us a link to the form you distributed to formscentral_feedback@adobe.com so we can look at it.

2. There is extra spacing added around formatted text (e.g. bold or underlined text).

Again, we would need to see the form. Please send us a link to your form.

3. Multi-column would be very useful, as well as the ability for certain rows to span multiple columns.

4. It would be great to be able to view the data received in the actual form and print it out.

Thank you for the feedback. We've heard these requests from other customer too. We have them on our product roadmap.

Randy

• 4. Re: feature requests
                Cisco V

While we're making requests... 

It would be really helpful if there was an option to sort forms into different folders.  I have a number of forms already, that run the gamut from RSVP forms for events to requests for appointments to scholarship applications.  It would be much more efficient to place them into the appropriate folder on the main menu than to scan the entire list each time.  A "closed forms" folder for forms you are finished with but will modify and use again in the future would be great, too.

Loving the product, but not as much as my boss, who is going form-crazy.  lol

M

• 5. Re: feature requests

Thank you for the feedback. I normally don't say this but I'm really happy to hear you are having this problem

I'm glad that you are using FormsCentral for so many of your forms. This is something we will definitely consider for a future release.

Randy

• 6. Re: feature requests
                    Cisco V Level 1

I've thought of another one, Randy.  lol

How about a way to set a default "form closed" message instead of having to redo it each time?

M

• 7. Re: feature requests

When you start dealing with a large number of forms there are definitely features you start wanting to help you organize and reduce repetition. Thanks for the additional feedback.

Randy

• 8. Re: feature requests
                        AbHMcD

Love Forms Central and we can't wait to use this service.  However, we have some feature requests from a legal standpoint to ensure that the forms are legally admissible documents in case we have to go to court.  We are trying to standardize our contract process and FormsCentral would be ideal.

1. Ability to assign a unique user-id/pass to each person we send the form too (or this can be an automatically created unique user-id/pass feature if we enable it)

2. The Form creator and signer both need to be able to print the form out WITH both all the information on the form and the time/date stamp on the form.  Basically, the form (contract) that I created on the screen needs to be able to be printed out w/ the time/date stamp on the form and all the information that the person filled out completed.  It needs to look like a fully-executed electronic contract.

3. Auto-email feature: Basically No. 2 but in addition to the form (fully-executed contract) being printed, we have the option to have the form (fully-executed contract) auto emailed (in pdf format) to the signer and to X no. of additional email address that the form creator can designate.

These are just a few requests that from a legal standpoint would be awesome - and which we desperately need before we can use the service.  THANK YOU!!!

• 9. Re: feature requests

We are making progress... We've just added support for attachments in our latest release (12/5/2011). You can read more about the feature here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/934728

Please try it out and give us your feedback.

Randy

• 10. Re: feature requests
                            robertoclo

Exactly.  I have about 22 forms so far.  It will start to get confusing pretty soon, if I add a few more.  It will get even more confusing if others in the company start adding stuff.  What is recommended for organizing large numbers of forms.  Does it do folders?  Should it?