8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2011 2:09 PM by Steve Grisetti

Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements

Eric in NJ

Hi,

I'm new to Premier  Elements 9 (or any versions).  I'm currently trying to work through the  Classroom in A Book.  One thing I think I've noticed that doesn't seem  right and am curious if anyone can provide any help:

1. I  cannot preview movie clips from the Organizer.  When I preview clips in  Premier they preview fine.  But from Organizer I can double click, hit  play and nothing happens.
      2. I cannot AutoAnalyze movie clips from  the Organizer.  When I right-click on movie clips in Organizer and  select auto analyze, not thing happens.  Even after 15 minutes on a 5  second clip it stays on 0% done.  From inside Premier Elements it  analyzes fine.

I'm running Windows XP on an older Dell Vostro 1500.  It's a Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 @ 1.60GHz, 3.75 GB of Ram.

Thanks for any ideas for this overwhelmed rookie!

Eric in Northern New Jersey

• 1. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder is your video coming from?

Have you got the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com?

• 2. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements
            Eric in NJ Level 1

Hi, I'm pretty sure I have the latest Quicktime.  Help about Apple Quicktime shows I have version 7.6.9.  When I hit auto update it is updating but I think that's only because it groups the update w/ iTunes which I usually try to avoid updating. (I'm updating now anyhow and will test before posting again).

I have a Sony HDR-CX110 camcorder that is AVCHD.

The one thing I'd note w/ the Camcorder question is that I'm using Adobe DVD included in Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "Classroom in a Book".  When I go to one of the clips included on the Adobe DVD, and run the AutoAnalyzer fromsr Organizer, even on a 5 second clip after 10 minute it's 0% done.

My understanding is that double clicking on a movie file in Organizer should launch the file and make it play.  When I hit play, nothing happens.  The file doesn't play and it's as if there's 0 seconds in the file.

In case iTunes update forces a reboot I'm going to finish this post now.  After iTunes is done I'll see if the latest quicktime makes a difference.  I'll also see if there' s preview different between files imported from my CamCorder vs. files that came on DVD from Adobe Classroom.

Will report back after the reboot.

Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements
              Eric in NJ Level 1

So here's a wierd thing.  A accesses a clip that was sent on the DVD through Organizer and it played fine.  I tried to preview a clip from my Camcorder in organizer, and it froze the program up.  It didn't play, didn't say the file was X seconds long -- never got that far, just froze right up. Had to kill the program to relaunch premier.

And I just tested a file from my CamCorder from within Premier and I was able to preview the file just fine.

Any thoughts on what could be going on?  Thanks!

• 4. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements

Have you opened a Premiere Elements project yet for your AVCHD video and imported your camcorder's video into it? There are components that need to be activated in order for all of the program's features to work.

I assume you've also manually gone to Windows Update and clicked the Custom button so that you've got even the non-critical updates for your operating system.

Also, how much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is left on your C drive? The program sometimes can not fully deploy if you have less than 20-30 gigs of free space on your main drive.

• 5. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements
                  Eric in NJ Level 1

Hi Thanks for your continued help!

I started a new Premier project, and imported my cameras video into it by Media (and navigating to my camera's clip) and dragging down to the time bar on the bottom of the screen

I then used Get Media and found another clip from my hard drive and then dragged it down to the time bar on the bottom.

There were many Windows Updates I hadn't gotten, most of them seemed to be .net style updates.  I have every update on my computer now and restarted when it said to restart.

I have 116 free GB of space on my hard drive.

The bad news is after all this I still can't preview clips from organizer.  When I double click on the file the preview pane opens but it's as if the file isn't there.  The preview pane shows no length in the file and not a pixle shows up.  I can't close the preview pane and have to "force quit" premier after that.

Any other ideas or do you think my computer is too old to run premiere?

Thanks again,

Eric

• 6. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements

Eric, you still haven't told me if you've set up your Premiere Elements project for AVCHD or if you've downloaded the most recent version of Quicktime.

And can you add and play your video on the Premiere Elements timeline?

You may also want to go to the ATI or nVidia web sites and ensure you have the latest firmware for your graphics card.

If you've got all of your updates and you've properly set up your project, there is no reason you should not be able to edit and play your video.

• 7. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements
                      pbon2

Hi,

I have had similar issues to those reported by Eric in NJ. The problem seemed to be related to having the latest codec from Quick Time. But Eric in NJ also reported that Auto Analyzer either didn't run or took a really long time. For me it is that it takes a really long time. I have not seen a response to that issue. I just allowed Premiere Elements to run all night on a 5-minute clip from my Canon 5d mk2. It finished at about 10 am. This is not acceptable, and I would appreciate  a solution from Adobe. Or similar experiences from others? Solutions? I have a Lenovo W510 Thinkpad with 4 Gb running Windows 7 Professional on an Intel i7 processor. There are at least 100 GB free on the drive. I have Quicktime Pro and all the Windows updates. Thanks for your help!

• 8. Re: Clips won't play Auto-Analyzer Wont Run in Organizer -- Do run in Premier Elements

If you're looking for a response from Adobe, it's best to contact Adobe.

You can do so by clicking the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of any web page on this site. Be sure to let us know what solution you find!