4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2007 12:16 PM by sjlib

Flex Project ; Compile Locally

sjlib
      When I set up a Flex project in Flex Buiilder 2 , and select Flex Data Services, Compile Application locally in Flex Builder , then select root folder, root URL and context root, the application fails to compile locally . I get an error in the problems section stating , "Unexpected attribute 'url' found in 'endpoint' from file: services-config.xml" . I am using LiveCycle Data Services ES.

Anyone having the same issue ? My co-worker was able to do a similar set-up successfully using FDS2 , so I'm wondering if there is an issue with LCDS ?

Thanks, Steve
        • 1. Re: Flex Project ; Compile Locally
          sjlib Level 1
          I wanted to describe how I created the Live Cycle Data Services webapp ...

I created a Dynamic Web App Project in Eclipse. I went into the directory where the flex.war is from LiveCycle Data Services ES and unpacked the war. I then manually copied and pasted the contents of the unpacked war (which includes META-INF, WEB-INF, index.htm) to the WebContent directory in the Dynamic Web App Project overwriting the default contents. I then can right click and say run on server. I see the default index.htm stating:

Welcome to Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES!

This is an empty LiveCycle Data Services application that serves as a template for creating your custom application.

Visit the product page for documentation and further information.

So all seems fine with setting up LCDS as a Dynamic Webapp Project in Eclipse running on Tomcat 5.5.
          • 2. Re: Flex Project ; Compile Locally
            Gazord
            I am getting the same error when trying to switch my project from FDS2 to LCDS. I am compiling it locally & deploying the .swf on a full version of JRun.

Any hints with a direction to proceed with in order to resolve this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Gavin
            • 3. Re: Flex Project ; Compile Locally
              Gazord Level 1
              sjlib,

I was able to resolve my same error by updating the Flex SDK 2. I found some information to do this here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=72&catid=640&threadid =1253123&highlight_key=y&keyword1=flex%20Builder

I followed the directions posted on 03/29/2007 by "nodogbite".

After updating the Flex SDK, I removed my projects from the workspace & the J2EE DIR and rebuilt them from the source path. After doing this I no longer got the "Unexpected attribute 'url' found in 'endpoint' from file: services-config.xml" when I recompiled.

I hope this helps, good luck!

-Gavin
              • 4. Re: Flex Project ; Compile Locally
                sjlib Level 1
                Yes, Updating the Flex SDK 2 with the one provided in LCDS seems to have done the trick!
                Thanks, Gazord !