• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM Displays TOC/Index but Not the Contents (Right browser is empty)

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2007 Jun 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether accessing Help thru the app using F1 or manually opening the CHM from Windows Explorer, the results are the same for this one client. We cannot reproduce the error. The right frame of the Help screen (where the contents should be) displays a message to verify they are connected to the internet. The application is not running over the Internet and the CHMs are locally resident on the client's workstation.

Is this a Windows issue? Security issue? Is there a patch? I'm a bit puzzled since the TOC/Index show just fine but none of the contents will display.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spiraljoe

How do the .CHM files become placed on the user's PC? It's possible you will need to unblock them.

Click here for information on how to do this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick - I tried that and they are not blocked. (I had seen your instructions to an earlier post and followed them.) The CHMs are shipped with the application. When I check their properties on the client's site, the "Unblock" option does not exist.

Any other suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
spiraljoe,

The "connection to the internet" brings back ancient memories of a problem in an old version of RoboHelp. What version are you running? As I recall, it had something to do with RoboHelp specific features and trying to download a necessary dll from RoboHelp, if it wasn't registered correctly. Perhaps Rick will remember what I'm thinking of... I'll look into it.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp