5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2011 12:37 PM by ashutoshmehra

Reader X, sandbox and SendMessage()

erankro Level 1

Hi.

How can I keep my plugin running under Reader X, without disabling the protected mode?

At some point in my plugin code I use SendMessage() with WM_COPYDATA to send some data to my main proccess.

My main process response to this message by poping a window....

BUT because of the new "protected mode" I get error code of 1400 (which means Invalid window handle) when the

command SendMessage() executes. I checked with Spy++ the window handle is valid of course.

When I disable the protected mode the plugin work perfect (like it used to work in Acrobat 9,8,7...)

I read everything on the policy file that should be set for the process broker. I wrote on but it doesn't help me because

I don't need to run a process, nor writing a file or writing to a registry - I just need SendMessage() to work!

I dowloaded SDK X and found no samples no documentation on that - how come?

I read somewhere that an API ADDRULE(...) should be used to config the broker but found nothing on that in the SDK.

Is there a chance to make it work? again - without disabling the protected mode but just make a specific request to the broker to allow

my api call get through ?

thanks a lot

eran