• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating "on-screen" help - Captivate v4

Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create some short "self-help" pop-up videos for my company's website.

You know the sort of thing, next to certain areas on the website there will be a question mark icon (?) and if the person clicks on this a short demo will be seen.

The pop up help window should not cover the full screen, maybe just 1/4 size.

My question is: What size should I record these self-help projects in Captivate v4 so they do in fact only take up about 1/4 of the website when viewed on line ?

Any help/guidance will be much appreciated.

Noel

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To work this out you would need to know what the average resolution of your website's target audience is.

And that is likely to be difficult to know unless you have access to web server stats that are tracking your audience.

I would also recommend that you question this idea that the popup window has to be one quarter of the size.  Given that your average users web resolution is likely to be somewhere between 1600 to 1200 pixels wide nowadays, you would only be capturing at something like 300-400 pixels wide.  You cannot really show too much about using a software interface inside a 300 pixel wide screen.

I'd be looking at more like 640x480 minimum.  800x600 sounds even better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod,

I will do some testing.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources