2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 3:29 PM by topelovely

Flash professional not loading flash catalyst swf file using Flash UILoader component

topelovely Level 4

Hi guys, please I need your assistance. I am presently working on a web based project using flash catalyst. My intention was to publish a liquid flash web application. So I re-code an actionscript to do that, please find below the script for those who want a liquid flash website:

Just create an empty rectangle box, convert to a symbol movieclip and name the instance anything you want I have named mine frame_mc. Place the script in a layer above the movieclip and insert the actionscript below. That's all

import flash.display.Stage;
      import flash.events.Event;

var myStage:Stage = this.stage;
      myStage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_BORDER;
      myStage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;

function resizeDisplay(event:Event):void{

var swfWidth:int = myStage.stageWidth;
          var swfHeight:int = myStage.stageHeight;

/*var frameYPos:Number = swfHeight - frame.height;
          var frameXPos:Number = swfWidth - frame.width;*/

frame_mc.width = swfWidth/2;
          frame_mc.height = swfHeight/2;

}

myStage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE, resizeDisplay);

My Main Problem:

I published my flash catalyst(1.0) file to web, then from Flash cs5 professional I used the UILoader component to call the swf generated by flash catalyst. This is where I'm stucked. The Flash professional swf file is stored in the same folder as the flash catalyst swf file. When I try to run the main file from flash professional I get this error:

Error opening URL 'http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml' (When I'm not connected to the internet).

The app runs with flash player in flash professional, but not in my browser. All the browsers show blank. Nothing shows!

When I'm connected to the internet, the flash player in flash professional displays and loads the flash catalyst swf file without the erros above, but all the browsers show nothing!

Sincerely I'm confused, I'm still studying flash builder 4 workflow so I don't know how it works. All the flash builder suggestions made in this forum to make liquid flash site where not working when I tested it on flash builder 4.

Someone should kindly help me out.