1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 1:29 PM by [Jongware]

Opening documents that are in a book (CS4, JS)

Murral Level 1

Hello,

Just had a quick look through the ESTK object model and I couldn't see a way of opening a document that's in a book, through the book (so the non-script action would involve opening the book file then double-clicking the relevant document). I can obivously get the file path of a document in the book and open it another way, but I'm trying to avoid getting the 'document modified outside of book' error triangle when processing and saving documents that are in a book.

If anyone has any pearls of wisdom, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Opening documents that are in a book (CS4, JS)
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Murral wrote:

... I can obivously get the file path of a document in the book and open it another way, but I'm trying to avoid getting the 'document modified outside of book' error triangle when processing and saving documents that are in a book.

What am I missing here? If you have a book opened and you can check which documents it contains (using BookContents) and optionally open them, you can also safely change and save those docs. No warning triangles -- because the book is also openen, and it'll notice the changes.

Only if you do something unexpected, such as open the book, open a document from the book, then close the book ... before committing your changes ... it'll gain its yellie triangle. But then again, it'd do the same if you do that manually.