3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2011 8:50 AM by KD22

Adobe Readre x can't open web pdf

jwc23423423

Hello

We are ruuning Windows Server 2008 Terminal serves. We have have 3 clients running HP Thin Clinets. I have download adobe rteader x taken all the updates for the terminal servers. When a user from a website trying to open a PDF it download the pdf but does not display the page?  I need to manully hit the refrash button to open up the document? is that correct?

Cheers

• 1. Re: Adobe Readre x can't open web pdf
          A5pa5ia

Hi,

I am having the same issue on Windows 7 PCs after upgrading from Adobe Reader 9.4 to Adobe Reader X.

When opening pdf files in the browser, I have to hit refresh to get them to display.

This is fine for me as I know what to do, but we have hundreds of PDF files available online through our software.

We can't put a disclaimer on each link to say

"If you are using Adobe Reader X and Windows 7, you will need to hit refresh after the file has downloaded or you won't be able to view the file."

Any Ideas?

• 2. Re: Adobe Readre x can't open web pdf
            jwc23423423 Level 1

Hello

Have you try this

Edit->Preferences->General->uncheck "Enable Protected Mode At Startup"

I try this with no luck

Cheers

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader x can't open web pdf
              KD22

I was having the same problem after installing Adobe Reader X, but this solution worked for me:

Edit->Preferences->General->uncheck "Enable Protected Mode At Startup"

Now it downloads pdfs from the web without problems. This solution worked on both XP and Win7 machines. In both cases I was using the latest Firefox web browser.