6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 2:28 PM by boogiek5

Premiere playback issue

boogiek5

Hi,

Really struggling to get PPro CS5 to playback smoothly, it continually stops when playing back TGA files and some quicktimes, but will perform quite happily in Safe mode? AVI files play fine in normal mode though. I've tried logging in and opening as administrator, but absolutley no joy.

System set up is:

Intel Core i7 CPU 880 @ 3.07GHz

16GB Ram

W7 64bit OS

Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3d video card

Video is on my D drive and premiere runs off the C drive.

Any help please as I can't seem to find an answer to this anywhere and it's really starting to affect productivity!

Cheers

Dave

• 1. Re: Premiere playback issue
          Andrey V Level 2

Besides Declink what other software and codecs you have installed?

• 2. Re: Premiere playback issue
            jkosmicki Level 2

There is an option in the playback settings when using a Blackmagic editing mode that will stop playback of a timeline if a frame is dropped, this is on by default.

• 3. Re: Premiere playback issue
              boogiek5 Level 1

Hi Andrey

From a software point of view I have:

Adobe CS5 production premium suite

Adobe CS3 master collection

3D Studio Max

Eyeon Fusion 5.1

Codecs = Avid Codecs LE 1.2.0

All blackmagic codes

Do you need specific codes for TGAs?

Cheers

Dave

• 4. Re: Premiere playback issue
                boogiek5 Level 1

There is an option in the playback settings when using a Blackmagic editing mode that will stop playback of a timeline if a frame is dropped, this is on by default.

Yes I've tried turning this on and off, it's the "Turn Off Dropped Frame Warning", when i's on the footage plays, but very slowly and judders, when it's off it stops.

I'm finding it very odd that some TGA sequences play and some don't, yet if I render them out they'll all play?

Cheers

Dave

• 5. Re: Premiere playback issue
                  jkosmicki Level 2

Yes, that is not unusual. Image sequences are not optimized to playback realtime like a video file and many factors will determine your ability to play an them in realtime (drive setup, CPU speed, fragmentation, etc.)

• 6. Re: Premiere playback issue
                    boogiek5 Level 1

Interesting, how can I establish the set up required to play back image sequences in realtime? I didn't think my set up was too bad? The system's fairly new (2 months old) with plenty of RAM(16GB) and my graphics card is an NVIDIA Quadro FX3800 which I thought would have done the job. OK my video is on the same drive as my projects, but the programs and system are all on another. Also the puzzling thing is that they play fine when the system is in Safe Mode!??

Cheers

Dave