• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8.02.208 hangs at launch

Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can anyone help me troubleshoot why RH hangs when I launch a project? I use the projectname.xpj file to launch. The freeze happens when the message "Loading Drivers" displays in the launch window. I have to restart my computer and try again. I can't stop the task in the Task Manager because the application isn't showing in the options.

Thank you.

- Azi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Azi.

Does this happen when you lanuch a specific project or any project? Also is the project located on a local drive or a network drive? If the later, move the source to a local drive and try again.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens for different projects. I have my files on the local drive. The freeze happens when the spalsh screen displays Loading Drivers. I normally launch my projects from the top folder level by double-clicking the project name .xpj file. I don't launch RH first and then use File > Open. Is there a difference in how a project is launched and is there one recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't matter but if one way isn't working...

Can you tie the start of this to some other event?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hanging started around the time I opened two RH projects to view content and compare formats.

Last night I attempted a cleanup by removing the .xpj and .cpd files and opening my project with the .hhp file. Of course, I backed up all the files first. I haven't had any problems today and want to see if this has resolved the hanging problem. I don't know if it's a good idea to have two projects open at the same time. Do you have a recommendation?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting the XPJ is not recommended as a first course of action, albeit sometimes it is necessary. Deleting the CPD is a different thing. See Opening Projects on my site.

Opening two projects at the same time should not be a problem, I sometimes have a couple of 4,000 topic projects open together.

Let's hope your tests are positive.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp