The fact that your WebHelp looks OK when displayed locally indicates you've done everything right. What is less clear is how you are displaying the help that causes the issue. Is it being called from an application? Check that you are pointing at the right location and check that your published location has the same files and file versions as your generated location.
Also there was no path in your post. Can you post it again if none of this helps.
The RoboColum(n) @robocolumn Colum McAndrew
Are you doing any mapping in Conversion setting dialog ? (just see if you have styles with names FM_ in them in you topics)
Have you applied any master page/CSS to the output and do they contain any font override ?
If the content is appearing correctly in you RoboHelp project - first check the preview of the topic and if even there everything looks fine then you have surely overridden the styles while outputting (may be in the CSS and/or master page)
Also check for the avialability of the Fonts on the machine the output is being viewed
Hi guys; thanks for your replies. Before I respond, I'll observe that even Adobe's Forums interface has about the worst usability I've ever seen, and their Help system is a nagging nuisance.
1) I decided to recreate a new project with the same source files and the problem vanished, all formatting comes back clean in output. Does not answer my issue however.
2) I submitted this to Adobe Support and THEY have not been able to solve it. I have uploaded my project to them and I'll see what they come up with.
The reason this is vital is that I am eventually going to be checking this into source control. I cannot afford to have RoboHelp apparently corrupting my Help System files like this. I need a straightforward, repeatable, predictable process, which is what RoboHelp seems not to be good at. Not compared to WW at least. I'm good at CSS and reasonable with XML; painstakingly detailed in my docs layout. This kind of thing should not be happening.
This occurred after I loaded an Import Settings file to embed more of my Conversion Settings tag mappings. Then none of the tags appeared in output. I tried a couple earlier ISL files that had previously worked (while representing lost work in themselves because their mappings were not complete) and they STILL didn't work. Also,
@Colum: this has not been published yet. I am simply prototyping and getting my workflow nailed down.
@Peter: there is no server.
@RoboAsh: I have done exhaustive Conversion Settings mapping. Then I saved them out to an ISL file. I have also been editing my RHStyleMapping.css file directly as I discover that some of my tags need work. None of the other things are an issue - it seems clear that the CSS is not getting applied somehow but it is very hard to figure out where.
Sorry for the slow reply; Adobe's interface is AWFUL.
The problem is catholic to all browsers.