0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2007 9:38 PM by johnUSA

Flex 2 compiler option "--keep-generated-actionscript" not working

johnUSA
      As a newbie to Flex 2, I was working through the first example in the Developer Center: Flex Quick Starts: Getting started.
      The code for the first Flex application is:
      quote:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <mx:Application
      xmlns:mx=" http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
      horizontalAlign="center" verticalAlign="center"
      >

<mx:Button id="myButton" label="I'm a button!" />
      </mx:Application>

I am not using Flex Builder. I am compiling using "mxmlc" in the Flex 2 SDK. From the Windows XP Professional command prompt, I issued the following command:
      quote:

mxmlc --keep-generated-actionscript=true --strict=true --file-specs MyFirst.mxml

Only the file "MyFirst.swf" was created; there was no "MyFirst.as" in the directory.

Can anyone shed any light as to why the actionscript file was not in the directory even though I included the appropriate compiler directive?

In addition, the instruction "To view the full source, right-click the Flex application and select View Source from the context menu." did not work; there was no option in the context menu to view the source. Any comments as to why I did not get expected results?

The version of the Flex 2 SDK compiler I am using is: Version 2.0.1 build 155542. I download and installed the SDK on my PC today under Windows XP Professional.

Thanks in advance for any help on the two issues stated above.