0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2011 2:53 PM by Shari5599

Windows CE 6, sandbox trusted/localwithfile

Shari5599 Level 1

We've got a Flash application which consists of a small swf file loading in a secondary swf file.  This secondary swf initializes a socket connection.  This has worked fine on Windows XP, Windows 7 and CE 5 devices.  However, when we try to port this same structure to a Windows CE 6.0 R3, running the FlashLite 3.1 Player, I am unable to get the secondary swf file to run in the LocalTrusted sandbox.

The swf files are both located in the Hard Disk/Trusted folder.  The initial launching swf file (file1.swf) is responsible only for loading in the secondary swf file (file2.swf).  I have a debug text field displayed which shows the sandbox setting in each file.  file1.swf, the launching swf file, opens as LocalTrusted.  As soon as it pulls in the file2.swf, the sandbox changes to Local with File.

I've been trying to place a config file forcing the Flash player to trust the locations we're using, but I don't understand where that file should go on a Windows CE device.

I created a file which says,

#trust local folders

file://localhost/Hard Disk2/programName/programFolder

named this file programName.cfg and placed it into every folder available under the Application Data\adobe folder, where the FlashLite player is installed.  This does not seem to allow the file to run trusted.

I've also added code into the file itself:

I realize wildcards really shouldn't be used, but this device has no internet connection, and I am just trying to make sure I cover all ground at this point.  This code is in both file1.swf and file2.swf.  It doesn't seem to make any difference.  I've also tried to create a file mms.cfg which says,

Disable Sockets=0

None of this works.  So my question really is...  How do I get file2.swf to run as LocalTrusted once it's loaded into file1.swf.  On its own, file2.swf (if called directly) runs as LocalTrusted.  But when loaded in, the sandbox changes to LocalwithFile.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!  I could really use a nudge in the right direction!

(This was in mobile devices, but not getting views there, so I thought I'd try it in the Flash forum..._)