4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 1:52 PM by RandySwineford

Like the product - just a few quick questions

schulz76

This seems to be a great tool with a lot of potential!!

I have created a test form and played around with it and love it so far.

I have a few questions to further explore the possibilities of this tool and I am leaning toward purchasing it if will work for me.

1) Can you import a form created in another adobe product or for that matter a form created in MS word?

2) With the paid version can I have multiple forms out for submission at the same time?

I am capturing the data now and exporting it as a CSV file - importing into an excel template which rearrange it so I can present the data in a specific format.  This way I can basically get a copy of form that was submitted as hard copy which I need.     

3) Can I print a copy of the form as it was submitted (in page style) so I can eliminate my tedious process?

4) Even more importantly I want to be able to have the user get a copy either emailed automatically back to them from the program or if need be I could email them a copy back. They should be keeping a hard copy for their records?

5) Can multiple users send out and have access to their forms - or would this require separate accounts? I do not have a need for more than myself to send out forms now, but thinking down the road.

6) Without recreating the form from scratch every time can I make slight modification to each new form without recreating them independently? I have only the trial copy so I can have only one form online at a time.

I did see a comment on attaching a doc to the form submission -- This would be great!!

• 1. Re: Like the product - just a few quick questions
          RandySwineford Adobe Employee

schulz76 wrote:

This seems to be a great tool with a lot of potential!!

I have created a test form and played around with it and love it so far.

I have a few questions to further explore the possibilities of this tool and I am leaning toward purchasing it if will work for me.

1) Can you import a form created in another adobe product or for that matter a form created in MS word?

No. You can create a form from scratch or start from one of the templates we provided

2) With the paid version can I have multiple forms out for submission at the same time?

Yes. The Basic plans allows up to 5, and the Plus plan allows unlimited. You can find the details here: https://formscentral.acrobat.com/pricing.html

I am capturing the data now and exporting it as a CSV file - importing into an excel template which rearrange it so I can present the data in a specific format.  This way I can basically get a copy of form that was submitted as hard copy which I need.     

3) Can I print a copy of the form as it was submitted (in page style) so I can eliminate my tedious process?

Not today, this is something we have on our list for a future version. Quick question: Would creating a PDF file of the HTML form with the data in it fulfill your need? That could be printed and also archived. Or were you thinking of something else?

4) Even more importantly I want to be able to have the user get a copy either emailed automatically back to them from the program or if need be I could email them a copy back. They should be keeping a hard copy for their records?

We don't provide this today. Would you want them to be sent an email that includes the form as a PDF file? or in some other format?

Would allowing them to download a copy of the form after they fill it out on the website work even better for you? or is sending an email an important part of what you need?

5) Can multiple users send out and have access to their forms - or would this require separate accounts? I do not have a need for more than myself to send out forms now, but thinking down the road.

Each user would need their own account.

6) Without recreating the form from scratch every time can I make slight modification to each new form without recreating them independently? I have only the trial copy so I can have only one form online at a time.

A paid account allows you to duplicate a form so you don't have to start from scratch each time. This will save you a lot of time.

We appreciate your interest in our service and look forward to hearing more from you!

I did see a comment on attaching a doc to the form submission -- This would be great!!

• 2. Re: Like the product - just a few quick questions
            schulz76 Level 1

Wow - what a quick turnaround to get a reply to my questions - TY!!!

To answer your questions below.

Quick question: Would creating a PDF file of the HTML form with the data in it fulfill your need? That could be printed and also archived. Or were you thinking of something else?

To create a PDF file of the whole original HMTL form that captures all the recipient’s selected answers would be great!

So along with the submit button on the last page if there was a PRINT button that would be a good added feature. In addition I am sure that there will be a recipient that does not print the complete form off before they submit, and will contact me to get a copy. So it would be also great if the person creating the forms and managing the data might be able to as well have a way of retaining a copy of the original whole HTML submission as a PDF would be another added benefit. I see that you can export as a PDF in row form with all of the form fields showing up as row headers - which are fin for now until something better might be developed.

We don't provide this today. Would you want them to be sent an email that includes the form as a PDF file? Or in some other format?

Would allowing them to download a copy of the form after they fill it out on the website work even better for you? or is sending an email an important part of what you need?

Sending it as a PDF copy is fine. It could be a check box option that you would enter your email and then click the box to send upon submission. You could use this step as a substitute for printing it and resaving it - if it were to be email you could store it in your outlook and have it readily accessible. 

Allow the person that submitting the form to download it would also work, but I am using this for receiving bids so it would have to be very secure as to not let one sender view another sender’s responses.

I really like the email going back to the person that submit it -- I have done some questionnaires with some of my vendors that use software similar to this to submit bid information and many of them stated that it would be great to get a reply email that came back after the submission button was clicked and informed them that their bid had been received and this is what they bid (hard copy of the PDF of the complete form)

Thank you for your time an interest in my opinion

Thx!!!

• 3. Re: Like the product - just a few quick questions

You should check out our new submission receipt feature. I think it will address #4 above. The e-mail receipt contains a customized message and all of the data the respondent submitted. They can print or archive the e-mail. I provided more detail here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3994617

Please tell us what you think of the new feature.

Randy

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Like the product - just a few quick questions

We now support saving a response from the View Responses tab to PDF (that retains the form design shown on the Design tab).

You can read more about it here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1085672

Please try it out and give us your feedback.

Randy