2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2011 7:09 PM by rbwriter RSS

How do I change the line spacing in DW CS5?

rbwriter Community Member

My problem seemed so simple to start with. All I want to do is create a single line space in DW. When I press "Enter" at the end of a sentence I want DW to go the the next line and not start a new paragraph. I just want one line space not a double paragraph space. Is there any way to change this default spacing? I have searched all over DW Help and the forums but can't find an answer anywhere.

• 1. Re: How do I change the line spacing in DW CS5?
          osgood_ CommunityMVP

rbwriter wrote:

My problem seemed so simple to start with. All I want to do is create a single line space in DW. When I press "Enter" at the end of a sentence I want DW to go the the next line and not start a new paragraph. I just want one line space not a double paragraph space. Is there any way to change this default spacing? I have searched all over DW Help and the forums but can't find an answer anywhere.

Press shift+enter that will give you a break <br />

This will start the next line or text directly beneath the line above without any space between.

However this may not be the best approach. It depends on what it is you are trying to achieve?

• 2. Re: How do I change the line spacing in DW CS5?
            rbwriter Community Member

Thanks. That seems to work. I was trying to write a paragraph of text and then putting a hyperlink on the next line that said "Read More Here" but the hyperlink was ending up too far away from the text is was relating to. So your advice has worked.

Thanks again.