10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 2:15 PM by Harm Millaard

help error code 7 opengl crash

inaksi prod

I get this when Premiere pro CS5 crashes :

Your hardware  configuration does not meet minimum specifications needed to run the  application. The application must close. Please visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for help. Error code: 7

I think its becose of a large image that I am using. But I need it large to zoom out.

Anyone else has that problem? Any fixes?

I have the latest updates and last drivers  for my GTX 460

• 1. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What size is your image?  What is the format?

How much memory does your card have?  There are GTX 460 cards with only 768 MB of video RAM which is not enough for MPE.

Message was edited by: Bill Gehrke

• 2. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
            inaksi prod Level 1

My card is 1G

The image is PDF with 3 separate layers Size:1996 × 2550

I hear of other poeple with same issue. Adobe need to fix this. It's like the card's memory get saturated.

Do you know if Mercury can take advantage of two cards?

• 3. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
              Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No Mercury cannot utilize two cards.

This does not sound like a Mercury Playback Engine CUDA based problem to me since it is giving you an OpenGL error (but do not take that for granted because it comes from a hardware engineer and not from one who knows anything about software)..  Maybe Steve Hoeg can pipe in on this if he is listening.

• 4. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                inaksi prod Level 1

Updates:

Now cuda is not even loading. All projectrs that I open say that the projecgt was last using mercery engine playback (or said differently ) and now it will be without hardware acceleration.  So it's as if I dont have a valid GTX card.

I am starting to regret selling my gtx 285 to upgrade with this one. But, might not be a fault in the card. Besides the crash from the large picture (the original problem) Any one has any idea why now Premiere does not detect, or use my card?

Thanks

I need to re-cut a documentary for a festival in April and I am heavy on After effect stuff and plug ins use.  I know hardware aceleration does not help with every types of effects but things are not playing smoothly at all. I guess I will have to lower the playback quality but with 24 G of ram, an i7 960 and Asus P6T pro mobo, raid cards... It should be a lot better then it is right now.

• 5. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

After updating to the latest version, 5.03 you need to reapply the hack.

• 6. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                    inaksi prod Level 1

Thank! I had forgoten that it was hacked!

I re-googled the hacking information and is there a reason why poeple put the Nvidia Multi display\ Mixed GPU acceleration to 'compatible? I use two screen. I will test with both setup but I am curious as two why it needs to be that way.

I still have crash problems with the picture thaugh. For now I will work on other parts but this is a very anoying problem.

• 7. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                      inaksi prod Level 1

Hi again,

when I take off mercury engine, it does not crash. Any one have a clue of what can cause the crash? And its only with the large pdf images (4 layers). It also does not render when mercury engin is on. It crashes too but there are no error code. Teh other way I was going to wok around this was to try to make that segment in After Effect first. But I would like that bug to be fixed or at least understand it.

Anyone?

• 8. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                        Harm Millaard Level 7

Have you tried flattening your PDF files, so it is only one layer.

• 9. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                          inaksi prod Level 1

I need them layered because i used clone tool and I am moving within the images with some parts black and white and and some with color. In short, I sort of made it into a 3d world.

By the way, I was looking at my After Effect memory management. I shows 8 core but I have only a i7 960, so a 6 core (if I am correct). Is that a glitch? What can cause that false number? I put as amount of ram per core as 1.5 and it allows 5 core to work together. I have reserved only 3 gig of ram for other application out of 24. (Is that enough if i always open Photoshp at the same time?)

• 10. Re: help error code 7 opengl crash
                            Harm Millaard Level 7

The i7-960 is a quad core (four physical cores) with hyper-threading, so it shows as 8 cores.

If you have other applications running in the background, it may be beneficial to allow up to 6 GB for other applications to avoid access to the pagefile. The Adobe applications, AE, EN, PS and PR, etc. all share the same pool of memory.