6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2011 1:10 PM by hbernhard

Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder

Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Check out this sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder. It shows lots of improvements to importing. I like the way watch folders have improved. Check it out.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-technology-sneaks-2011/sneak-preview-of-adobe-media-encode r-improvements-to-importing/

What do you think?

• 1. Re: Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder
          Jon-M-Spear Level 4

I want one.

NOW!

• 2. Re: Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

J-MS,

Any improvement, specifically, that you like?

• 3. Re: Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder
              Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Hi Todd

Not at this point of the Sneak Preview cycle.  Perhaps at a more advanced stage..  I only realised last week that one could import AE projects too, thereby bypassing the render queue in some instances.  ...So my knowledge is not what you'd call extensive!

AME CS5 was such an improvement over CS4 that I await with bated breath.

• 4. Re: Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder
                joe bloe premiere Level 5

I don't see an info panel, progress bar, or any space for the "Preview while encoding" pane.

I assume they appear under the "Current Encode" rollout?

What happened to the Start Queue, Pause, Add..., Duplicate, Remove and Settings... buttons?

I use them all of the time.

The alt>tab>drag thing is kinda cool... but I'm not sure I would use it.

I never use watch folders.

Just don't break anything that works fine now.

• 5. Re: Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> I don't see an info panel, progress bar, or any space for the "Preview while encoding" pane.

I assume they appear under the "Current Encode" rollout?

Yep.

> What happened to the Start Queue, Pause, Add..., Duplicate, Remove and Settings... buttons?

I use them all of the time.

The text on the buttons has been replaced by icons, and they're in the upper-right corner.

> Just don't break anything that works fine now.

That's the plan.

• 6. Re: Sneak preview of Adobe Media Encoder
                    hbernhard Level 1

besides the input improvements I would like to see also output improvements like prefix/suffix support to make mass conversions more convenient,

e.g. the original file is source --> the prefix is DJ --> DJsource for non music synched files and

another prefix would be WALL --> WALLsource for music synched files;

If this is too abstract --> think about different versions of the source file (e.g. different colour grades, versions, etc.) where you only activate/deactivate different effects.

The suffix suport is for different output formats/speeds, e.g. the file source in DJ nonsynched music modus encoded in MPEG4 would result in DJsourceMPEG4.

My suggestion would be to implement this feature at least on the watch folder level (which I understand is multiple now) --> not to jeopardize the classic interface. 

If you have other ideas for automated mass conversions --> pls feel free to share

HB