4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 7:24 PM by Lica Wolf

Error Activating Adobe Digital Editions

alyssap22

I downloaded and installed Adobe Digital Editions but when I open the program I get this message: Error Activating: E_ADEPT_IO ActivationServiceInfo Error%20#2032

I tried uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it along with rebooting my system. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks!

adobe.jpg

• 1. Re: Error Activating Adobe Digital Editions
          rizwan.54 Level 1

Hi,

Regarding the error message that you are getting you can try following steps:

1) Open Adobe Digital Editions.
          2) Press Ctrl+Shift+D key of your Keyboard and deauthorize Digital Editions.
          3) Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions from your computer.
               Click start>>Control Panel>>Programs>>Programs and features.
               Select Adobe Digital Editions from the list and Delete.
          4) Also delete following files.
              Click Start>>Run
              Type "regedit" in the box and hit enter.
              Locate the following key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Digital Editions"
              delete the full folder (Right click on it and click delete).
               Also locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Adobe>Adept
               Delete the full folder.
          5) Now open Internet explorer. go to Tools>>Internet  options>>Connections>>Lan settings. Check the “automatically  detect settings” box and uncheck all the other boxes.
          6) Now download and install Adobe Digital Editions from the link given below.
               http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/.
          7) When asked to authorize computer then please enter same Adobe ID and password which you were using earlier.
          8) Now try to open the books.

I hope this will help you !!!

Regards

Rizwan

• 2. Re: Error Activating Adobe Digital Editions
            Joshua794564

Set 2 is impossible with this error and after having done all steps, the error is still there.

• 3. Re: Error Activating Adobe Digital Editions
              l.m.bowen

I'm no professional, but here's how I got this error to go away on my PC using Windows 7.

I went to control panel, system and security, windows firewall. 

I clicked on "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall", clicked "Allow another program", and selected digital editions.

Then, I went into advanced settings, clicked inbound rules, clicked adobe digital editions, and selected properties.

In the pop-up, I went to advanced and changed the edge traversal setting to defer to user.

I have no idea how or why this worked, because I don't really know what edge traversal is.  It did not work after allowing the program through the firewall, only after I changed the advanced settings.

• 4. Re: Error Activating Adobe Digital Editions
                Lica Wolf

I tried this and only adding Digital Editions to my Firewall list of exceptions was enough for me. thank you