2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2011 7:20 PM by malmir5

Widescreen video being squeezed!

Nic Ortiz

Working with the trial version, I'm importing a 16x9 .mov from After Effects and Elements 9 is squeezing the video 4x3.  Is there a way to correctly import/display 16x9?  Or is this a trial version limitation?  I've started a widescreen project and it still squeezes my clip.

• 1. Re: Widescreen video being squeezed!
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

What are the full details on the AE Comp Export?

What is the Project Preset, chosen at New Project? They should match 100%.

If they do match, but PrE is still missing the PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio) flag, then Intrepret Footage should force PrE to do this.

The limitation on the trial is with some modules, that cannot be activated, regarding the formats, like AVCHD, and then the watermark that the trial adds to the Export/Share.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Widescreen video being squeezed!
            malmir5

I had the same problem (16:9 video squeezed to 4:3) on both trial and licenced versions.

The problem was fixed by converting the file to AVI format (I used AVS4you video converter) and it now gives proper 16:9.

My files were MPEG but I recall having the same problem some time ago with MOV files and fixing it the same way.