Hi I just bought the Web premium CS5 package. I am wanting to make a flash game in Catalyst/Fb/Flash Pro. but do not really know where to start. I know it is a big leap but i am trying to make a game with a multiplayer (2 player PvP) and single player campain. The actual game will be where you can buy troopst that will march across the field until they get to the other side or the field wher there wil be an "enemy fort" But the "Enemy" is trying to do the same to you. (If troops meet midway throught the field they will battleit out).
there will be 3 rows in the field
I plan to have 4 or 5 classes of troops
The buying troops process will be done either by
1) A timer (so every say 20sec. you can but a standard troop and every min. you can buy an advanced troop)
2)Points (Ever eney troop you kill will give you a certain amount of points which you can save up to buy any troop (each troop will cost different amounts))
So here are my questions.
1) Is this possible and where can I find out how to do this?
2) Which buying troops process do you prefer?
3) Once this was completed would I be able toeasily convert it to an ipod touch? (I am thinking about this but if not no biggie)
Thanks in advance for all your replies,
1. yes. there's no one place to find out how to do that. you'll need to learn how to use flash software. it's mature software with many features and there's no shortcut to learning how to use it. it would be a surprise if you could build a decent game with those specs in less than 100 hours working with flash.
2. insignificant issue.
3. for someone unfamiliar with porting flash apps to iOS apps, no.
I did not expect it to be a quick build especially since I am new to the software. Thanks for the quick response. I have decided to go withe the timer that way it is fair for all players. I get that there is not "One site" but I would be interested in any site!