4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2011 8:59 PM by Alex_Curry

Areca driver installation

Alex_Curry

Hi,

I just reinstalled windows and am having trouble getting my raid driver installed. I want to use the newest driver off of areca's website but cannot figure out how to install it, everything I'm reading seems quite complicated to me. Is there an easy way to do this or could somebody direct me to some reading that will help?Raid is already set up, I just need to get windows to recognize it so I can start working again.  Thanks in advance!

-Alex

• 1. Re: Areca driver installation
          Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

I think this is the procedure, I have not done it myself for months.

Download and unzip it.  Right click on My Computer and select Manage.  Open Device Manager and find the correct Other Devices entry and update with your unzipped files.

• 2. Re: Areca driver installation
            Alex_Curry Level 1

Thanks Bill, you're the man! Now i keep getting BSOD when reinstalling adobe production premium...it's an NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM error. Trying to figure out what is causing it exactly. Could it be because I installed the scsiport driver and not the storport? I'm also getting a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error, something with NT Kernel...

• 3. Re: Areca driver installation
              Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Alex at this point the Storport drivers are the one to use but I seriously doubt it would be causing any of those type errors.  Wish I had any idea about them.

• 4. Re: Areca driver installation
                Alex_Curry Level 1

Well all of these errors were happening at the time of reinstall of production premium, it would never make it through to 100% and BSOD would show up and shut down the computer. I did lots of research and it seemed to be driver related...the only thing i could think of was the raid driver which I originally installed as scisport. Uninstalled that and switched to storport and voila, no more BSOD! The problems seems to be solved, but we'll see...thanks again!