2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2011 8:02 AM by the_wine_snob

Rotated images in timeline

schuel2 Level 1

How does Premiere Elements work?

I have rotated images that have been shot at different orientations in the Organizer.

When I insert these images into the timeline in Elements 9 the image reverts to its former orientation.

I thought the orientation would be preserved when copying from Organizer.

David

• 1. Re: Rotated images in timeline
          nealeh Level 5

Use the Motion Effect to rotate the image. Precisely by the input field to the right of the effect, or by 90° steps in the buttons to the left of the effect.

3.png

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Rotated images in timeline
            the_wine_snob Level 9

David,

Most image viewers, like Organizer, do not initially actually Rotate an image, but just add instructions to the metadata, indicating how to display the image. One must do a Save/Save_As to actually affect the pixels. This process differs, depending on the viewer used. In Bridge (the big-brother to Organizer, and shipping/installing with PS, AI, PrPro, InDesign, AE), one just does a Save/Save_As, depending on whether one wishes to physically overwrite the existing image. Then, the pixels are actually re-arranged. Not sure exactly how (or if) PrE's Organizer handles the physical re-arrangement of the pixels.

PrE (and PrPro) will read the pixels, and not the metadata for the display.

In the NLE (Non Linear Editor) programs, one would follow Neale's advice, and use the fixed Effect>Rotation.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful